Wednesday, September 26, 2007

will u be lost...

Was it ten years ago?
When was the last time?
Was it on your wedding day?
No!.. no it was on mine
I remember it well and how it smelled
That day is carved like stone
I remember how you smilled at me
and then you were simply gone
I remember on your wedding day
As I watched you dance
I cried that day though I was ok
I was happy you found romance
But I knew right then that you; my friend
will never be the same
And I also knew that our friendship would end
And non of us is to blame
I loved you so much
A love like such
can't ever be compared
To any other love or any kind of feelings
That I might have once shared
Thats why I'm shaken
Yes, I'm not mistaken
Ten years have passed since then
I didn't expect to see you today
and start wondering since when!
Infact I didn't expect us
to easily grow apart
I was so sure we'd stay bestfriends
coz I held you dear in my heart
But between our weddings and after mine
we've talked a couple of times
You called once and I called once
now I have to break the ice
I don't know what to do
when all I want is to pull you close
and tell you how much I missed you
So many things I have to ask
Like what are your childrens' names
Are they as cute, do they know me
Are they driving you insane
So many times I said before
that I would marry you
But Even If! I know the truth
It was never the same for you
Now I'm walking up to my former bestfriend
with a genuine smile on my face
He looks at me with a plastic smile
trying to figure out a phrase
what will the first word be
exchanged hellos, then he again goes
or seeing me will make him happy...

No comments: