Saturday, May 5, 2007

Before losing me to myself

Before losing me to myself
I used to be another girl
Before losing me to myself
I had a careful mind
Before being so out of control
I used to think I had it all
A mind, a heart, an awake soul
And I never had to hide
Before my devil broke me
I never used to try
To let my self be happy
I had my peace of mind
I used to let it be
Let my soul go free
Knowing my limited rights and wrongs
The things I put for me
Before I never used to think about a lot of things
Like I never used to doubt myself
I knew what my actions could bring
I never had a reason to think that I was bad
I never had a conflict in sync
With events I might have had
Well before I was so weak
Before I was also wrong
Before I did the right for reasons
Reasons that didn’t belong
Before I used to think
That the goodness was so clear
Before I never feared my self
I didn’t know what’s real
I didn’t think that my biggest enemy
Was in fact inside
I didn’t know that what could hurt me
Was the devil I was trying to hide
Now I know that inside of me
I have to face what’s true
Now Ill fight for what will be
And my weakness will hopefully be through….

No comments: